Seven local women have been chosen to be honored at the upcoming Women Excel Bloomington (WEB) Awards Lunch hosted by The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce. This event is scheduled for Tuesday, July 9 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Liberty Ballroom in Bloomington. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. for registration.
Those to be honored at the Women Excel Bloomington Awards Luncheon are:
- Lisa Fulkerson – Children’s Organ Transplant Association, Vice President & C.F.O
- Melanie Hart – TASUS Corporation, President
- Beth Lodge-Rigal – Women Writing for Change Bloomington & Writing for Change, Owner/Founder & Creative Director
- Natalia Rayzor – IU Credit Union, Employment Development Officer
- Jean Willey Scallon – Bloomington Meadows Hospital, Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
- Melinda Seader – World Wide Automotive, Director of Marketing
- Alisa Wright – BioConvergence, LLC., Chief Executive Officer & Compliance Officer
The honorees were selected based on their outstanding leadership and spirit in both the community and/or in their organization. Like past awardees, this year’s recipients come from all areas of the community – both business and not-for-profit, and from all levels within their organizations. They will be featured in the July issue of BizNet.
“This group of women exemplify the very definition of leadership and have made lasting contributions to their organizations and the community. Their stories inspire and serve as wonderful examples for others – which is why they were selected to be honored this year,” said Kelley Brown, director of marketing & public relations for The Chamber.
This year’s keynote speaker is Jennifer Browning Holmes, founder and president of Integrating Woman Leaders, Inc., a WBE Certified Women Business and management consulting firm focused on helping women in all aspects of business. Holmes is a dynamic executive coach who uses her more than 25 years of corporate and teaching experience to develop women’s leadership through empowerment, support and connections.
Brown adds, “Along with the examples set by our seven honorees, Jennifer’s message will resonate with our attendees as well. We are honored that she will be with us on July 9th to reinforce the significant contributions women make in business and the community.”
This is the fourth year for the event which is expected to draw more than 250 people in attendance. Cost is only $37 per person, and $450 for a table sponsorship. Advanced registration is required to attend the event, and space is limited. To learn more about the 2013 Women Excel Bloomington Awards or to reserve your seat, visit The Chamber’s website at www.ChamberBloomington.org or call the Chamber at (812) 336- 6381.